At Green St we believe that healthy eating should be a simple, fun and delicious part of everyone's everyday life.
Green St was founded by a qualified & experienced chef, a chef with a passion for gut health..... Our fermented products have been designed to have the perfect balance of flavour and texture whilst still packing a tone of gut healing and immune boosting ingredients!
This week we experimented with savoury pancakes and our Kimchi Hot Sauce.
We are very pleased to introduce you to the GSK Kimchi Pancakes.... These tasty bad boys will impress at any time of day.
3 x free-range eggs
150g @rawearthproduce lupin flakes
150g of your favourite GSK kimchi (we have used Szechuan pepper + turmeric)
Hand full of picked and washed coriander and flat leaf parsley
4 Tbs crispy fried shallots
50g grated parmesan and pecorino cheese
200ml almond milk or plain water
½ tsp baking powder
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Plain bakers flour
Virgin olive oil
Kimchi Hot Sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- On a chopping board combine fresh herbs and kimchi and roughly chop together.
- Add herb and kimchi mix to egg mixture followed by remaining lupin flakes, cheese and shallots, mix together well. Add seasoning and just enough plain flour to make a thick viscous batter.
- To cook pancakes preheat some virgin olive oil in a flat non-stick pan.
- Place 80mm (approx.) circles of batter in pan and allow to cook until pancakes rise and look light, fluffy and golden on both sides.
Kimchi Hot Sauce Mayo
70mls - GSK kimchi hot sauce
1 x 70g free range egg
400mls vegetable oil or your chosen oil
- In a jug or heavy bowl mix hot sauce, sea salt and egg (if you have a stick blender then use this).
- Once mixed together, start adding oil slowly in a steady stream using stick blender to mix until all oil is emulsified with egg mixture (should come together into a light orange thick mayo)
Top with your desired amount of Kimchi Hot Sauce Mayo and sprinkle with fresh herbs.