This week's recipe looks fancy & tastes amazing but it is super simple to put together.
The perfect weekend brunch, lunch or side dish.... Green Eggs & Kimchi
This one should take around 10-15 minutes to prepare and cook.
Ingredients & method below.
- 2x Eggs
- Sourdough (optional)
- Szechuan pepper + turmeric kimchi (or your preferred flavour).
- Your favourite aioli
- Turmeric powder
- Chimmi Churri (see below)
1. Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs in a large saucepan.
- Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring the water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Let eggs sit for 6 minutes.
- Remove from water & carefully peel shell off eggs
2. Turmeric Mayo
- In a cup or small bowl mix 100mls of your favourite aioli with 1/3 of a tsp of turmeric powder.
3. Chimmi Churri
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley – small handful
- Fresh coriander – small handful
- Spanish red onion – quarter roughly chopped
- Fresh garlic – 4 cloves
- Toasted cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Toasted coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 lemon and zest
- Pickled jalapeno chilli – 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt – to taste
- Ground white pepper - to taste
- Virgin olive oil – approx. 200mls
- Pick and wash fresh herbs and set aside to dry.
- In a warm pan lightly toast cumin and coriander seeds until nicely toasted.
- If you have a mortar and pestle great, if not you just use a blender or food processor - Add together all of the ingredients and slowly pound until everything is broken down, now slowly drizzle in the virgin oil to make an emulsion, check seasoning and enjoy.
4. Plate Up
- Smear a generous amount of turmeric mayo across the plate.
- Cut boiled eggs in half and place them on top of your turmeric mayo smear
- Place a generous serving of kimchi next to eggs
- Drizzle eggs & kimchi with Chimmi Churri
*Option: serve with fresh or toasted sourdough slices.