At Green St we believe that healthy eating should be a simple, fun and delicious part of everyone's everyday life!
We create what we like to call “Edible Alchemy.” Our products are fermented the ‘Wild Way’, a completely natural fermentation process.
This week we combined forces with Perth Organics, an online organic store (with a small farm shop in Caversham) that delivers all things organic straight from the farm to your door. And we mean it, these guys go from Tom Price in the far North, right down to Esperance.
We had a ball in the kitchen when our box of summer goodies arrived and were extremely excited to get our hands on some 'golden beets', the slightly softer & sweeter sister to the traditional beetroot.
This one is the perfect blend of sweet, fresh & savory!
- Organic beetroots
- Organic Golden beetroots
- Danish fetta
- Fresh baby basil leaves
- Coriander sprigs
- Fresh apricots
- Plain yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemons
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- To cook beets place them in a large pot of salted water (do not peel or remove outer cores) bring water to a medium boil and cook gently until beets are soft when poked with a knife.
- Drain water off the beets and allow to cool, once cool enough gently use hands to rub the skin and outer core from beets.
- Depending on the size of beets cut them into quarters or smaller and put aside to cool.
- Wash beets thoroughly and leave the skin on, now top and tale the beets and with a mandolin thinly shave some slices.
- To cook apricots, split them in half and remove the seed then lightly roast under the grill until caramelised.
Feta Yoghurt Spread
- In a bowl place some crumbled feta with a little yoghurt and mix together to make smooth spreadable mix.
- On a large flat plate, place a nice even flat layer of feta spread.
- Now, loosely arrange red cooked beets over the feta spread.
- Next, scatter shaved golden beets over the top.
- Add grilled apricots.
- Loosely scatter some of your favourite kimchi or kraut (we used ginger & turmeric kraut).
- Throw a few smaller chunks of feta over the top followed by baby basil leaves and coriander sprigs.
- Lightly zest the lemon over the top and a squeeze of the juice followed by some virgin oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper.