At Green St we believe that healthy eating should be a simple, fun and delicious part of everyone's everyday life.
We want remove the stigma and the stereotypes that have built up around 'clean eating', 'raw', 'vegetarian' and 'wholesome eating'.... You don't have to be a mad yogi, pilates instructor or food blogger to care about what goes into your body (we still love all you yogis out there, don't worry)!
GSK "Cook it Yourselves" recipes are created by our chef to be simple, delicious and good for your gut!
Recipe 2. Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 200g GSK White Miso & Dry Red Pepper Kimchi (or other flavour of your choice).
- 400g cooked brown rice (cooked previous day)
- 100g Tempeh or firm tofu (small dice 1-2cm)
- ¼ Spanish red onion (fine sliced)
- 1 x Small hand full fresh coriander, mint and flat leaf parsley.
- 30ml GSK Kimchi hot sauce
- 2 x Tsp Crispy fried shallots
- 1 x hand full fresh bean shoots
- Juice of half a lemon
- 50ml Soy bean oil
- 2 x free range eggs
NOTE: We recommend having extra fresh coriander, mint and flat leaf parsley to use as a garnish.
- Preheat your fry pan with oil (we use soy bean oil for this recipe but any oil you prefer is ok).
- Once oil is hot add the Spanish onions, tempeh/tofu and shallow fry until lightly golden.
- Add cooked brown rice and continue to gently fry until all the rice granules are coated and loose in the pan, at this stage add a little sprinkle of sea salt and lemon juice to deglaze the pan.
- Now move the rice mix to one side of the pan and add the kimchi to the other, allow to lightly fry for 30 seconds, then combine the rice back with the kimchi.
- Ensuring that the heat is now on high and add in the kimchi sauce and fresh herbs, stir over heat until mix is fried together nicely.
- Turn down the heat and toss through bean sprouts.
- Serve mix into shallow bowls.
- In a clean pan lightly fry your eggs leaving soft yolk to crack over rice (we used soft boiled egg in our photos but fried with soft yolk is much better).
- To finish place soft egg on top and scatter with crispy shallots and more fresh herbs.