At Green St we believe that healthy eating should be a simple, fun and delicious part of everyone's everyday life.
GSK "Cook It Yourselves" recipes are created by our chef to be simple, delicious and good for your GUT.
This post is about our third recipe the San Choy Bow w’ Tempeh, Kimchi & Fermented Kimchi Mayo
This is a super simple recipe to knock up as a snack or for an easy mid-week healthy meal.
- Prep time – 10 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 200g tempeh or firm tofu (1cm diced)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced or sliced ginger
- 50mls Rice bran oil or your chosen oil
- Big handful of bean shoots
- Big handful sliced spring onions
- 4 tsp crispy shallots
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh mint leaves
- Snow pea sprouts (tops only)
- 8 cos lettuce leaves (use the inside leaves which smaller and hold filling better)
- 8 tsp GSK kimchi of your choice, we recommend Szechuan pepper + turmeric or black miso + garlic.
- Prep fresh ingredients ready for finishing the san choy bow. (Note: With the cos lettuce, peel off the outer leaves and put aside for a salad later, with the inner firm leaves break off close to the core and wash thoroughly. Wash the fresh coriander and mint leaves, carefully pick off the stems and place on absorbent paper to dry).
- Preheat a non-stick pan with chosen oil, once oil is hot add ginger, garlic and tempeh and lightly fry until golden brown which should take a few minutes (make sure to keep it moving).
- Allow tempeh to cool slightly then add bean shoots and sliced spring onions and set aside on absorbent paper.
Fermented Kimchi Mayo Ingredients
- 70mls - GSK kimchi hot sauce
- 1 x 70g free range egg
- 400mls vegetable oil or your chosen oil
- Sea salt*
Fermented Kimchi Mayo Method
- In a jug or heavy bowl mix hot sauce, sea salt and egg (if you have a stick blender then use this).
- Once mixed together, start adding oil slowly in a steady stream using stick blender to mix until all oil is emulsified with egg mixture (should come together into a light orange thick mayo)
TO ASSEMBLE & SERVE UP
To finish off, grab you fresh cos leaves and start filling with some tempeh mix, followed by a good spoon full of your favourite kimchi, fresh herbs, crispy shallots, kimchi mayo and top with snow pea sprouts.