At Green St we believe that healthy eating should be a simple, fun and delicious part of everyone's everyday life.
As we start to enjoy the warmer weather that Springs brings, we find ourselves craving lighter meals.....
Our Mother Earth Salad is the perfect transition salad. Hearty enough to be a meal, but light enough to still feel like a fresh salad.
Ingredients (serves 2).
- 300g Red or black quinoa (cooked)
- 50g Roasted broad beans (can be bought from any good European grocer)
- 50g Walnuts (activated and roasted) rough chopped
- 100g Cauliflower Nuggets (lightly steamed)
- 100g Black eye beans or any white bean you prefer (cooked al dente) or canned
- Small handful Flat Leaf Parsley (leaves only)
- Small handful coriander sprigs
- Small handful fresh baby rocket
- 4 heaped Tbs plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs Tahini paste
- GSK Ginger Kraut
- Virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp Ground sumac
- Cracked black pepper
To assemble this salad;
- Grab a large mixing bowl, throw in quinoa, roasted broad beans, white beans, cauliflower, fresh herbs, and rocket.
- Drizzle with virgin oil, lemon juice and sea salt then lightly mix through.
- In a separate bowl combine yogurt, tahini paste a little lemon juice and salt, mix together and set aside.
- Grab your two serving bowls, place half the salad in each bowl.
- Scatter your kraut (or chosen kimchi) on top.
- Drizzle with virgin oil and spoon on some tahini yogurt dressing.
- Finish with some ground sumac and cracked black pepper.