Gut Health & Cellular Energy

 
 

At Green St we love to work with influential & inspirational people; individuals & groups who are passionate about their work within the health, exercise & wellness space.

 Last week we sent some of our favourite fermented product to Michelle Drielsma from Sydney Strength Conditioning. Michelle is an Exercise Physiologist & strength coach who loves the ocean and is passionate about gut health.

"I recently tested out Australian-made Green Street Kitchen’s fermented kimchi, tonic and fermented hot sauce. What I love about these products are their taste and quality. Green St Kitchen products are fermented the wild way, meaning there is no starter culture used to initiate the fermentation process. The ingredients are exactly what is listed on the side of the jar – for example cabbage/vegetables, salt, flavoursome ingredients and time. Ferments aid digestion and only small amounts are desired with each meal. I would make a salad of grated carrot, beetroot, ginger, chopped cucumber, sheep cheese, pepitas, 2 soft boiled eggs, olive oil and sea salt, topping it off with a tablespoon of kimchi. Tasty and epic.

The below post "Gut Health & Cellular Energy" has been written by Michelle, to see Michelle's full post please head to her website, link below.

sydneystrengthconditioning.com

 
 Michelle Drielsma

Michelle Drielsma

 

 “All disease begins in the gut.” — Hippocrates.

Hippocrates was not 100% correct with regards to all diseases but is fairly accurate for most chronic metabolic diseases.

There exists an intimate connection between your gut health and your overall health and wellbeing, so intimate that the gut is now being referred to as the second brain. Your gut and brain are physically and emotionally connected.

Only about 10% of the cells in the human body are human. The other 90% of the cells in your body belong to other living creatures; these are single celled microbes living in the human gut. The human gut comprises about 34,000+ species of microbes and in a healthy person, the beneficial microbes outnumber the pathogenic microbes by 4:1.

Now to really add a can of helminths, there is a great deal of literature that supports a high sugar/high fat diet for cellular energy and nourishment. Nutrition is a funny one and many professionals will have alternative views depending on which side of the physiology coin they are looking from. There seems to be hundreds of symptoms relating to “gut issues”, but it is worth looking at the origin first – if the cells aren’t fueled properly then you can guarantee problems assimilating and digesting foods.

Without proper digestion, you can’t have good health, no matter what you are eating. Your health is the summation of the foods your body is capable of digesting, not “what you eat”. Anytime you eat food that exceeds your body’s ability to digest, those foods end up working against you.

 
P8240370.jpg
 
  • Good healthy gut bacteria:
  • Support the immune system
  • Help you create vitamins, absorb vitamins & minerals
  • Regulate hormones
  • Digest and metabolise your food
  • Get rid of toxins
  • Make you calm, happy and focussed
  • Support cellular energy and health
  • How to work towards having good healthy gut bacteria:
  • Include pre- and probiotic foods such as fermented foods and beverages.
  • Meditation & exercise
  • Drinking plenty of clean mineralised water
  • Remove highly processed, non-foods
  • Avoid foods that you are sensitive to; when you eat foods that you are allergic or sensitive to, they activate your stress response which reduces your digestive juices and lessens both your absorption and digestion of nutrients.

To continue reading please head to Michelle's blog page......

 
P7190256.jpg